This week’s top recipe comes from Jodi of 5boysbaker.com! BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps are quick and delicious. Best of all, you don’t even have to turn on your oven. So if you are looking for a fun, new recipe for the next family party, reunion or holiday you can’t go wrong with BBQ Chicken, wrapped up and ready to go.
Related link: In The Kitchen With Judy Kirby Hodges
BBQ Chicken Salad Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¾ cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is our favorite)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (I like to use homemade, but bottled is fine)
- Whole wheat tortillas (about 6 to 8)
- Lettuce (romaine, red leaf or green leaf is fine)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (you could also just spray it with cooking spray).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place in heated skillet. Cook about 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cover with foil for a couple minutes, then remove foil and let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces. (*You could also grill your chicken if you’d rather.)
- In a large bowl, combine diced chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes and shredded cheese and mix until combined. Drizzle BBQ sauce and ranch dressing over mixture and toss, just until evenly coated.
- Place desired amount of lettuce on top of a tortilla and then a couple large spoonfuls of chicken mixture. Roll up and serve.